Welcome to the Friends of the Rockridge Library
The Friends of the Rockridge Library (FORL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the Rockridge branch of the Oakland Public Library through fundraising and advocacy efforts. FORL was formed in 1996 when the Rockridge Library built its permanent location on College Avenue.
- To champion the Rockridge Library;
- To create and stimulate public enthusiasm for library programs, and interest in the needs, services and facilities of the library;
- To serve as advocates for the library to the community and government bodies;
- To generate new ideas for the enhancement of library facilities and programs;
- To encourage gifts and volunteers for the library;
- And in general, to foster the continued development of the library so that it can respond to the needs of our diverse population.
Become a Friend. Join us!
We welcome members of the surrounding community to become a Friend of the Rockridge Library. Friends can donate time, money, and ideas to enhance programs and continue making the library an important resource for the neighborhood. Your support helps maintain key resources, including new book and periodical purchases, children and teen programs, facility maintenance, and so much more.
The Friends of the Rockridge Library is a volunteer organization governed and managed by an active board:
- Carol Bieri, Co-chair
- Kathryn O’Neal, Co-chair
- Jean Rains, Secretary
- Roger Schrag, Treasurer
- Sharie Mendrey
- Sarah Washburn
- Tracy Weber
- Brett Young