Upcoming Free EVENT!
November 8th, 2014
Rockridge Library, upstairs
→ RSVP here: event invitation
We're proud to welcome local chef, instructor, and author Linda Carucci to the Rockridge Library on November 8th from 11 am to 12:30 pm. Linda will tempt your senses as you taste, experiment, and learn how seasonings influence the flavors of a particular dish. This event is free, but seats are limited. RSVP today here: Linda Carucci invitation.
A Bit About FORL
The Friends of the Rockridge Library (FORL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the Rockridge branch of the Oakland Public Library through fundraising and advocacy efforts. FORL was formed in 1996 when the Rockridge Library built its permanent location on College Avenue. Our mission is:
- To champion the Rockridge Library
- To create and stimulate public enthusiasm for library programs, and interest in the needs, services and facilities of the library
- To serve as advocates for the library to the community and government bodies
- To generate new ideas for the enhancement of library facilities and programs
- To encourage gifts and volunteers for the library
- To foster the continued development of the library so that it can respond to the needs of our diverse population.
Become a Friend. Join us!
We welcome members of the surrounding community to become a Friend of the Rockridge Library. Friends can donate time, money, and ideas to enhance programs and continue making the library an important resource for the neighborhood. Please consider supporting the library:
Your support helps maintain key resources, including new book and periodical purchases, children and teen programs, facility maintenance, and so much more.